How Much Is My First Visit?
We offer a no charge consultation your first visit where you'll sit with Dr. Luke so he can have a better understanding of what's going on.
Will My Insurance Cover My Treatment?
Since there are so many plans and coverage varies widely, please bring your insurance information at the time of your appointment and our staff will verify and explain your benefits before treatment, at no charge.
For patients who have little or no chiropractic insurance coverage, flexible payment programs can be arranged. If you have no insurance or do not have chiropractic benefits there is still a way for you to receive the care you need. Many patients pay directly for care, as they discover chiropractic to be extremely cost-effective and affordable.
Where Can I Park?
There is parking on the bottom level attached to the building.
What are the Adjustment Times?
What is a Subluxation?
Chiropractors work on primarily one thing – the vertebral subluxation. A subluxation is a vertebrae that is out of alignment with the vertebrae above and below resulting in nerve pressure and interference of the mental impulse (life force) from the brain to the tissue cell. This lack of mental impulse causes a breakdown of the normal tissue cells until enough abnormal tissue cells have been formed to cause dis-ease. The Chiropractor’s job is to remove the subluxation allowing the innate healing energy to get to the tissue cells and replace the abnormal cells with normal cells. This is healing. When a subluxation is corrected and maintained and optimum mental impulse is getting to the tissue cells the body has a greater potential to heal and stay healthy.
What Kind of Chiropractic Care Do You Use?
There are basically two different types of chiropractic care in today’s society. Musculoskeletal Chiropractors primarily focus on symptom relief. Traditional / Corrective Care Chiropractors focus on subluxation and structural spinal correction.
TRADITIONAL / CORRECTIVE CARE CHIROPRACTOR:
⦁ Focuses on Structural Spinal Correction and Posture Analysis
⦁ Removing Nerve Interference and Repair Nerve Function
⦁ Restructuring the Spine and Posture with Rehabilitation
⦁ Maximize the integrity of the Discs, Joints, and Nerves
⦁ Closely Monitors Postural Patterns with Spinal Readings and X-rays
⦁ Spinal Manipulations and Use of Cold Laser, Spinal Decompression Therapy
⦁ Daily exercises and Trigger Point for Corrective Postural Alignment
⦁ Treats the CAUSE of the symptoms
How Should I Feel After an Adjustment?
The chiropractic spinal adjustment to remove pressure on your nerves and rebalance your body structure can be a very powerful procedure. At the moment that a chiropractor corrects your vertebral subluxations complex, hundreds of bodily functions and activities are affected, the flow of nerve impulses over the spinal cord and spinal nerves is normalized and your body begins to renew and rebuild itself.
Peace and Relaxation
After an adjustment you may experience a feeling of deepening peace and relaxation. This relaxed feeling may last for the rest of the day or the week and may lead to deep, refreshing sleep. Others have at times felt a warm feeling flowing to various parts of their bodies that’s very soothing. Some feel very energetic and do all their chores of business that day with a light, happy feeling.
Relief of Symptoms
Other may find that their symptoms have begun to disappear, that the problems that they came to the chiropractor for have begun to lessen after the first visit. And, there are some people who feel no difference after an adjustment. That does not necessarily mean that they are not benefiting from their adjustments, it just means that they’re not feeling any external reaction.
Other people, usually a small minority, may feel discomfort, muscle soreness or even some pain and they may experience a headache or some other uncomfortable feeling.
- You may be experiencing a detoxification or cleansing of your body after the adjustment. When poisons leave the system, there may be discomfort such as headache, sniffles, a slight fever, strong feeling of drowsiness, lethargy or similar reactions.
- The muscles are realigning the spine after the adjustment. Often these are muscles that haven’t worked properly for years and may be in a weakened state. Now that the muscles are working again they may become sore or “charley horse.” This condition is temporary and will soon disappear after the muscles have strengthened themselves.
- Sometimes nerves that were impinged or compressed for years are not “coming back to life” or healing and are becoming sensitive again. Old injuries that haven’t healed completely may be reawakened in order for more complete healing to begin. Most fascinating, memories and feelings associated with the original injury may also come to the surface. “When the original energy is discovered, the repressed emotional components of the somatic injury frequently and concurrently release.” This phenomenon is known in chiropractic as “retracing” and may be a necessary and desirable part of your healing.
- Nerves that begin to send nerve impulses or “life energy’ may send a burst of healing energy through the body again and this may give you an experience of being euphoric or ‘high’. This may also occur as you experience a sudden release form long-standing stress fixations in your body.
- Some people are in such good general health that they may feel no different, while other may feel no different for the opposite reason-they are so ill that they have lost sensitivity to their body.
Fortunately, even those experiencing such first time reactions to the adjustment later enjoy the feeling of well-being that usually accompanies an adjustment after a short period of time.
As you continue your chiropractic care and your spine and nervous system continue to release deep-seated stresses you may begin to notice:
- Better balance, smoother movement, and as a result, more energy.
- Increased awareness of your spine, its movements, and areas of tightness and/or restrictions.
- Increased ability to breathe more deeply, more awareness of your breathing.
- Awareness of your body stress.
- More emotional relaxation.
- You may spontaneously change your eating habits, feel an increased desire to exercise, go for walks or become more sensitive to your work and leisure.
What is a Denneroll?
The DENNEROLL is a cervical orthotic device developed by Dr. Adrian Dennewald, an Australian Chiropractor. Its unique design provides a gentle but effective stretch that assists in the correction of abnormal Cervical Lordosis. The DENNEROLL can assist in relief of pain and muscle tension, as well as enhance patient comfort and improve health. The design of the DENNEROLL allows for easy transportation.